Xing Cui, MS, PhD
2216 Medical Education Research Facility
375 Newton Road
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242
Postdoctoral Fellow, Hematology, Shandong University, 2012-2014
PhD, Clinical Discipline of Chinese and Western Integrative Medicine, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China), 2011
MMed, Clinical Discipline of Chinese and Western Integrative Medicine, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China), 2005
MBBS, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China), 2002
Research Experience as a Leader
(1) Understanding the contribution of Mitochondrial DNA mutations to pathogenesis of chronic aplastic anemia suffer from kidney. 2011-2014. [Shandong Province Technology Development Program of Traditional Chinese Medicine (No.2011-063)]
(2) From the maternal genetic and short-telomere theory to study the pathogenesis of chronic aplastic anemia suffer from kidney. 2012-2015. [National Natural Science Foundation of China (81202839)]
(3) Discovering the relationship between chronic aplastic anemia and kidney deficiency though high throughput –omic methods. 2013-2014. [China Postdoctoral Science Foundation funded project (2013T60680)]
(4) From the Mitochondrial damage, proteomics and metabonomics to study the pathogenesis of chronic aplastic anemia caused by kidney deficiency. 2012-2014. [Chinese Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2012M521356)]
(5) Mechanistic study of Mitochondrial DNA mutations and telomere related kidney deficiency caused by. 2012-2015. [Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province (ZR2012HQ023)]
(6) Mechanistic study of chronic aplastic anemia with kidney deficiency caused by Mitochondrial DNA mutations, telomere length shortening, and alteration of shelterin expression. 2014-present. [Jinan young star of science and technology plan (201406012)]
(7) Genomic and metabonomic study of chronic aplastic anemia. 2014-present. [Medical science and technology development Foundation of Shandong Province, China (2014WS0431)]
(8) The study on the treating aGVHD of Huangqin Decoction by recovering the intestinal mucosa damage and the unbalance of Th17/Treg proportion via regulating the steady state of mitochondrion autophagy. 2018-2022. [National Natural Science Foundation of China (8177140660)]
- B.sh. Liu,R.d. Yan,J. Zhang,B. Wang,H. Sun, X. Cui*, Abnormal mRNA Expression Levels of Telomere-Binding Proteins Represent Biomarkers in Myelodysplastic Syndromes: A case control study. Turk J Haematol. Accepted.
- strong>X. Cui*, F. Liu, J.Q. Wang,et al. Complete sequence analysis of mitochondrial DNA of aplastic anemia patient. Genet Mol Res. 2012; 11 (3): 2130 - 2137.
- X. Cui*.Reply to commentary by Dr. J. Zhang and associates on the article “Complete sequence analysis of mitochondrial DNA of aplastic anemia patients”, published in Genet. Mol. Res.11 (3): 2130-2137. Genet Mol Res. 2012; 11 (4): 4671.
- X. Cui*, J.Q. Wang,Z.G.Cai, et al,Complete Sequence Analysis of Mitochondrial DNA and Telomere Length in Aplastic Anemia. Int J Mol Med. 2014;34: 1309-1314.
- X. Cui*, J.Y. Wang, K. Liu, et al.Role of heteroplasmic mutations in the mitochondrial genome and the ID4 gene promoter methylation region in the pathogenesis of chronic aplastic anemia in patients suffering from kidney yin deficiency. Chin J Integr Med. 2016;22(6):412-419.
- P. Zhong, J. Zhang, X. Cui*.Abnormal metabolites related to bone marrow failure in aplastic anemia patients.Genet Mol Res. 2015 Oct 29;14(4):13709-13718.