500 Newton Road
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1109
Postdoctoral Research in Immunology and Toxicology, University of Iowa, 2007-2014
Ph.D, Immunology, Jilin University, China 2004
M.S, Immunology, Dalian Medical University, China 1994
M.D, Clinical Medicine, Hebei United University, Tangshan, China 1991
I am involved in several research projects that rely on genetically engineered mouse models of human plasma cell neoplasms, such as multiple myeloma. My efforts are aimed at enhancing our understanding of the natural history of malignant plasma cell tumors and developing new approaches to tumor treatment and prevention. I am also serving as Manager of the Janz Laboratory.
- Van S Tompkins, Timothy R Rosean, Carol J Holman, Casey DeHoedt, Alicia K Olivier, Kaylia M Duncan, Xuefang Jing, Shelby D Foor, Michael R Acevedo, Susan A Walsh, Guido Tricot, Fenghuang Zhan, Siegfried Janz. Adoptive B-cell transfer mouse model of human myeloma. Leukemia, 2015, doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.197.
- Xuefang Jing, Jae Hong Park, Thomas M Peters, Peter S Thorne. Toxicity of copper oxide nanoparticles in lung epithelial cells exposed at the air–liquid interface compared with in vivo assessment. Toxicology in Vitro, 2015, 29(3): 502–511.
- Xuefang Jing, Fareeha Zulfiqar, Shin Yong Park, Gabriel Núñez, Roman Dziarski, Dipika Gupta. Peptidoglycan recognition protein 3 and Nod2 synergistically protect mice from ulcerative colitis. The Journal of Immunology, 2014, 193(6):3055-3069.
- Vijaya B. Joshi, Andrea A. Dodd, Xuefang Jing, Amaraporn Wongrakpanich, Katherine N Gibson-Corley, Peter S. Thorne, Aliasger K. Salem Development of poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) particle vaccine to protect against house dust mite induced allergy. AAPS J., 2014, 16(5): 975-985.
- Shin Yong Park, Xuefang Jing, Dipika Gupta, Roman Dziarski. Peptidoglycan recognition protein 1 enhances experimental asthma by promoting Th2 and Th17 and limiting regulatory T cell and plasmacytoid dendritic cell responses. The Journal of Immunology, 2013, 190(7): 3480-92.
- Shuyang Yu, Xuefang Jing, John D. Colgan, Dong-Mei Zhao, Hai-Hui Xue. Targeting Tetramer-Forming GABPb Isoforms Impairs Self-Renewal of Hematopoietic and Leukemic Stem cells, Cell Stem Cell 2012, 11(2): 207-219.
- Shuyang Yu, Xinyuan Zhou, Farrah C. Steinke1, Chengyu Liu, Shann-Ching Chen, Oksana Zagorodna, Xuefang Jing, Yoshifumi Yokota, David K. Meyerholz, Charles G. Mullighan, C. Michael Knudson, Hai-Hui Xue. The TCF-1 and LEF-1 Transcription Factors Have Cooperative and Opposing Roles in T cell Development and Malignancy, Immunity 2012, 37(5): 813-826.
- Shuyang Yu, Kairong Cui, Raja Jothi,Dong-Mei Zhao, Xuefang Jing, Keji Zhao, Hai-Hui Xue, GABP controls a critical transcription regulatory module that is essential for maintenance and differentiation of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells, Blood 2011, 117(7): 2166-2178.
- Sukumar Saha, Xuefang Jing, Shin Yong Park, Shiyong Wang, Xinna Li, Dipika Gupta, Roman Dziarski. Peptidoglycan Recognition Proteins Protect Mice from Experimental Colitis by Promoting Normal Gut Flora and Preventing Induction of Interferon-ɣ. Cell Host & Microbe 2010, 8(2):147–162.
- Xuefang Jing, Dong-Mei Zhao, Thomas J. Waldschmidt, Hai-Hui Xue. GABP2 is dispensible for normal lymphocyte development but moderately affects B cell responses, J. Biol. Chem 2008, 283(36): 24326-24333.